Job Role & Responsibilities
We launched Defy to put people back at the center of cybersecurity services. On that commitment alone, we’ve grown fast. We’re actively searching for information-security pros who genuinely care about their clients’ success. Our leadership team are veterans in the industry; more than that, they are 100% committed to delivering the best service to clients and creating a workplace that puts employees first, too. We’re committed to integrity, agility, and being at the forefront of innovation. As a result, Defy feels different, and we’re proud of that. Join us and for an extraordinary opportunity, with uncommon rewards.
The Consulting Operations Specialist will be responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining electronic Statements of Work (SOWs) and assisting the Consulting Operations team with general strategies for the success of the project/opportunity. The Consulting Operations Specialist will provide high-level overarching relevant project information to the Operations team. This role drives the delivery of Professional Services offerings to both internal and external clients by assisting with the development of SOWs, the overall management of the project as well as quality assurance for any outgoing services opportunities.
This role will support teams in the West and Central regions of the US.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages a large volume of SOWs and deadlines simultaneously while fielding daily Sales Team requests
- Review incoming SOWs for completeness, accuracy, quality, unified style, and compliance with SOW requirements for various categories and contract types.
- Work with Project Managers to further develop SOWs where needed and establish client/vendor milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure continuous improvement and ongoing modernization and design of templates used for Services; including readability and usability of SOWs for delivery teams
- Follows Defy Security’s policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
- Have a personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets
- Maintains proficiency with the SOW development process and adheres to Defy procedures for SOW development, documentation tracking, communication, and other duties as required
- Utilizes Salesforce, SharePoint, Outlook, and Teams, Zoom, WebEx as tools of communication, historical reference, activity tracking, action item creation, and forecasting.
- Builds an expertise in Defy Security professional services with commitment to developing and retaining knowledge and experience surrounding the professional services field
- Serves as a resource for customers, sales teams, and Defy leadership by operating in knowledgeable, responsive, and organized methods
- Communicates effectively and positively with clients, Sales, Operations, and Service Delivery
- Assisting with projects and activities as assigned to the individual, including but not limited to:
- Time tracking of consultants and timesheets
- Assisting with project timelines, term dates, and existing client extensions
- On-boarding consultants for new client implementations
- Collects required data for new and existing clients to ensure project success
- Coordinates communication between Operations and account teams
- Assists stakeholder with strategies and development of standard operating procedures to ensure project success/completion while supporting project requirements
- Track and report on pipeline actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication, Journalism, English, or related area; or 4 or more years’ equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years’ professional writing experience required. Technical writing experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of contractual requirements, negotiations, process, and risk preferred
- Experience in IT professional services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills and ability to coordinate and build rapport with a team of professionals regularly across teams
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and processes in a professional manner to external and internal clients
- Proficiency to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Sales oriented mentality; able to work with sense of urgency
- Talent to successfully collaborate with others and work in teams, especially under pressure
- Capability to work independently, quickly, and thoroughly to prioritize and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously
- Adeptness to learn and apply new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Experience with Salesforce preferred, or other CRM and document management programs
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate with clients and meet time sensitive deadline required
Defy is dedicated to providing a great overall experience to all of our customers and understand that starts with our employees. We encourage collaboration, growth, and success of all our employees.
With Defy Security you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Professional training opportunities
- An engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry-leading, talented peers
- Travel Required: 10-20%