Job Role & Responsibilities
The Contract Specialist is responsible for review and negotiation of a variety of commercial contracts in the information technology industry and helping develop practical solutions to complex contractual issues. The Contract Specialist will work under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of information technology contracts. Working with the Senior Vice President of Operations, ensure that Defy Security contracts protect the company, align with Defy Security contractual standards, and accurately reflect the terms agreed by the Defy business team.
- Possess a solid understanding of, and the ability to apply, the principles, concepts, practices, and standards used to minimize corporate risk and liability in contractual relationships.
- Ability to develop practical solutions to a variety of complex contractual issues while still protecting Defy Security
- Provide counsel to internal stakeholders regarding contractual issues in light of established company practices and risk tolerance.
- Ability to work independently – Plan, schedule, and manage your time and activities in order to accomplish objectives and work assignments
- Responsible for timely processing of projects and contract activities.
- Assist in maintaining a centralized repository of legal documents electronically.
- Contribute thought leadership to overall objectives and long-range goals of the department in regard to document standards and template language.
- Communicate and negotiate directly with internal and external customers, vendors, and business partners.
- Provide a high-quality service level to all internal and external customers ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university required.
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent certification such as CFCM, CCCM, or CPCM preferred, but not required.
- 6 or more years of experience analyzing and negotiating moderate and mid-level contractual agreements required.
- Moderate knowledge of information technology commodities, risks, and relationships required.
- Proficient in ability to understand, analyze, and interpret legal/contractual language and summarize findings in concise, articulate manner required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to organize and prioritize work required.
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality with respect to agreement contents and other highly sensitive business matters and projects required.
- Ability to adapt to changes, delays, or unexpected shifts in priorities while maintaining focus and productivity in a high-volume environment required.
- Possess a high degree of quality, integrity, and accountability for work product with demonstrated decision making skills and the ability to obtain results required.
- Must be proactive and take initiative in achieving both personal and team objectives required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally at all levels of the organization and external contacts required.
- Excellent writing, communication, organization, and time management skills required.
- Ability to positively interact with personnel in a team environment required.
Defy Security is dedicated to providing a great overall experience to all of our customers and understand that starts with our employees. We encourage collaboration, growth, and success of all our employees.
With Defy Security you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Professional training opportunities
- An engaging and fun culture
- Opportunity to work with industry-leading, talented peers
- Travel up to 20%