We launched Defy to put people back at the center of cybersecurity services. On that commitment alone, we’ve grown fast. We’re actively searching for information-security pros who genuinely care about their clients’ success. Our leadership team are veterans in the industry; more than that, they are 100% committed to delivering the best service to clients and creating a workplace that puts employees first, too. We’re committed to integrity, agility, and being at the forefront of innovation. As a result, Defy feels different, and we’re proud of that. Join us and for an extraordinary opportunity, with uncommon rewards.
Sales Operations Specialist (SOS) is a sales support role that works in partnership with field Account Managers to develop and close business opportunities. This crucial role interacts with vendor partners, internal business partners and outside clients in a fast-paced interactive atmosphere. This individual will be actively involved in the full life cycle of a deal in support of the Account Managers Revenue & Margin objectives by allowing them more time in the field with face-to-face client meetings and by recommending the best pricing strategy within their client base. The SOS will complete the supporting functions related to outside sales such as deal registration, generating price quotes, processing orders, assisting with client inquiries, problem solving and issue resolution. This individual will also interact directly with clients to provide pricing quotations, accept purchase orders, and help maintain the overall customer relationship alongside the Account Executive.
- Support assigned Account Managers by producing accurate and timely sales quotations for product and services business using SalesForce.com (CRM system).
- Demonstrate understanding of Profit Margin vs Markup as it relates to quoting and pricing strategies.
- Help manage the vendor deal registration process per customer per opportunity.
- Provide outstanding and enthusiastic client service and communication both by phone and email. Respond quickly and accurately to requests from inside resources as well as outside clients.
- Prepare and submit accurate orders to the vendor.
- Provide system reporting or analytics to the Account Manager, operations, and management upon request.
- Commitment to developing product and industry knowledge to support job duties and the company mission.
- Assist in vendor certification requirements.
- Provide historical pricing analysis to Account Manager upon request.
- Act as liaison between Account Manager and operations/services organization.
- Serve as resource to others regarding work processes and procedures.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or greater than one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience in Business-to-Business Sales/Client Services role required.
- Intermediate level experience with the Microsoft O365 suite of products.
- Internet navigation required.
- 2 years of experience in technical or information technologies industry preferred.
- Prior experience in Client Relationship Management software (CRM) required. Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a sales partnership setting, where workflow is determined by incoming requests required.
- Ability to build relationships and trust with internal and external partners/clients.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to align with shifting deadlines.
- Superior organizational skills, independent judgment, and functional arithmetic skills.
Defy Security is dedicated to providing a great overall experience to all of our customers and understand that starts with our employees. We encourage collaboration, growth, and success of all our employees.
With Defy Security you can expect:
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Professional training opportunities
- An engaging and fun culture
- Opportunities to work with industry-leading, talented peers
- Minimal travel required (up to 2-3 days per month)