Services Operations Senior SOW Writer
The Services Operations Senior SOW Writer will be responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining electronic Statements of Work (SOWs) and assisting the Services Operations team with general strategies for the success of the project/opportunity. This role drives the contracts and executable documents of Professional Services offerings to both internal and external clients by assisting with the development of SOWs, Change Orders, Subcontractor SOWs, and the overall management of the Services Operations SOWs.
- Oversees and manages a large volume of SOWs and deadlines simultaneously while fielding daily Sales Team requests
- Review incoming SOWs for completeness, accuracy, quality, unified style, and compliance with SOW requirements for various categories and contract types.
- Work with Services Operations team to further develop SOWs where needed and establish client/vendor milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure continuous improvement and ongoing modernization and design of templates used for Services; including readability and usability of SOWs for delivery teams
- Follows Defy’s security policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others.
- Understands personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets
- Maintains proficiency with the SOW development process and adheres to Defy procedures for SOW development, documentation tracking, communication, and other duties as required
- Utilizes Salesforce, Smartsheet, SharePoint, Outlook, and Teams, Zoom, WebEx as tools of communication, historical reference, activity tracking, action item creation, and forecasting.
- Builds an expertise in Defy’s professional services with commitment to developing and retaining knowledge and experience surrounding the professional services field
- Work with vendors, procurement staff, and Project Managers/Coordinators to resolve issues that arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication, Journalism, English, or related area; or 4 or more years’ equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years’ professional writing experience required. Technical writing experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of contractual requirements, negotiations, process, and risk preferred
- Experience in IT professional services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills and ability to coordinate and build rapport with a team of professionals regularly across teams
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and processes in a professional manner to external and internal clients
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Sales oriented mentality; able to work with sense of urgency
- Talent to successfully collaborate with others and work in teams, especially under pressure
- Capability to work independently, quickly, and thoroughly to prioritize and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously
- Adeptness to learn and apply new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Proficient PC computer skills
- Experience with Salesforce preferred, or other CRM and document management programs
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate with clients and meet time sensitive deadline required